Commercial Crime Insurance in Colusa, CA
Commercial crime has changed a lot during the past decade. Companies today face multiple threats, including complex cybercrimes, employee theft and social engineering.
Protecting your company from commercial crime with crime insurance is essential. The agents at CCI Insurance Services in Colusa, California, can help you understand your crime insurance options so you can get appropriate coverage.
Why Do Companies Need Crime Insurance?
Crime insurance is designed to help an organization handle the burden of money theft. Financial crime can occur in many ways. Some of the ways commercial crime insurance can help include:
- The theft of valuables while in transit under the care of an armored car or messenger.
- Wire transfer and computer fraud.
- Accidentally accepting counterfeit money or forged checks.
- Employees stealing money from clients or the company.
- Nonemployees stealing money from the company’s bank or office.
For more information on commercial crime insurance coverage, including other scenarios that may be covered, contact us today.
How Does Commercial Crime Occur?
There are a few common ways criminals can steal information and money from a company.
- Social engineering: A criminal pretends to be an authority figure after hacking the account of a company leader and asks employees to carry out urgent tasks that allow them to access sensitive data.
- Employee theft: Up to 30% of inventory loss at retail establishments is due to employee theft. Common employee theft tactics include skimming, larceny, embezzlement, information theft and fraudulent disbursements.
- Cybercrime: Malware and hackers can cause a company significant losses, with ransomware causing the most damage.
How Much Does Crime Insurance Cost?
Each company’s crime insurance premiums depend on specific information about the organization, including:
- The security measures in place.
- The number of employees.
- The value of business property.
- The annual revenue.
- The company’s industry.
Get the Commercial Crime Insurance You Need Today
Commercial crime insurance is vital to your company’s ongoing financial well-being. Keeping tabs on aggressive and innovative tactics used by criminals to rob businesses is impossible. However, with the right crime insurance coverage, your company can get protection from increasingly common cyber crime and theft occurrences.
Contact CCI Insurance Services today to learn more about how crime insurance can help protect your company and to get a quote.